Friday, March 18, 2011

Definitely A Hit!!!

My new Hugg-A-Planet Globe!!
Ana, can you show me where Kazakhstan is?

How about Taiwan?  ~  No sweat, huh?!
 
Abi, what continent does Daddy fly to that has penguins?  Antarctica?  RIGHT!  (yep, we teach them early!  Haha!)
OK, I just had to share this with my home school friends (and friends that don't home school, but have kids!!!).  When Ana and Abi did the photo shoot for Timberdoodle's catalog (if you don't shop from them, you should!  They are the best!!), they each received gift certificates to spend there.  Ana has been pouring over the catalog for weeks to make sure she picks just the right thing out!  After much looking, we decided on a few things for the both of them.  I kept going back to the Hugg-A-Planet Globe.  It was going to put us over our gift certificate amount, but I thought it would be good for both of them, so I spent the extra money on it.

Boy, am I glad I did!!  It has been the best thing we've bought for the kids in quite a while!  Ana loves geography, and she's been playing with this non-stop since we picked it up yesterday. It's different because it's cloth and stuffed like a pillow.  Abi likes throwing herself on it and giggling!

Ana has been showing us all various places on her new globe, such as Kazakhstan (where she was born), Taiwan (where her sister was born), WA state (where we live), WI (where we are moving), Antarctica (where her Daddy flies to part of the year), and the place that takes the cake is Libya (where, in her own words is, "Where all the fighting  is going on right now.  There's a bad guy there."  Hmmmm....better watch how much news I watch!  She's evidently paying attention to more than I thought!)

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know about a very fun, educational "toy" we have discovered!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment