Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Great Idea...For A Great Cause

Don't you just LOVE this bag?!! 

I get email posts from some amazing blogs, and one of my favorites is I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar.  (Cheri, the writer of the blog, is incredibly creative!  I glean so much from her!)  Today's email of her blog post is awesome! 

This week, I think we all have the disaster in Japan on our mind.  I know I have been trying to figure out how I can help.  Well, Cheri, from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar, had an amazing idea!  She recently developed the pattern for this adorable bag and is releasing it next week.  Here's the deal she has for everyone from her blog...

1) You can pre-purchase the pattern by donating $8 or more to a humanitarian aid program. 

2) E-mail me to tell me you've donated and that you want the pattern.  It's iammommahearmeroar[at]gmail[dot]com.  If you want the pattern you must e-mail me, because leaving a comment here won't always give me your e-mail address.

3) I will e-mail you the pattern and tutorial when it's completed next week.  The pattern will contain a full tutorial with pictures, making it easy for even the beginner.  It will also have a second look - a different bow option.  It will come as a PDF file.

4)  I just added this, due to questions I've been getting.  If you want to spread the word bout this on your own blog you are more than welcome to.  I am happy to give the pattern to as many people as possible. 

That way you'll know that 100% of your funds will be going to help.  I will really only be using the honor system - trusting that you've made a donation when you send me your e-mail.

So, essentially this week's challenge is to give to a humanitarian program to help those in Japan.  If you're not interested in a pattern that's fine.  You can still give.  It's just my way of making it easier for you to give.  
 
That's right... she's not making anything on this pattern!  She just wants to help get people to donate to help those in Japan.  One place she suggests to donate is through the Red Cross.  One of my favorite humanitarian groups is Samaritan's Purse, and they do have a disaster relief team that is in Japan helping out with relief efforts. If you have a favorite humanitarian program that you like to donate through that will help the people in Japan, donate and let her know!!  

If you donate and get the purse pattern and make the purse, please send me pictures of the finished purse!  I can't wait to make mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment