Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Mini-Vacation!

Our good friend has had an amazing 30 years of service to our country!

Luckily we had reserved seats.  It ended up being standing room only! Yep, that's my husband smiling at the camera!

My husband and three of "the gang"!  Great group of guys!
Some of us friends enjoying the sun at a BBQ the next day.
My husband and I in the hotel lobby, enjoying catching up with old friends.





 This past week, my husband and I flew to North Carolina for a good friend's retirement from the Air Force. 

First of all, since my husband is in the Air Force and is gone more than he's home, it was nice to have 5 days, uninterrupted with him!  But the thing that is so incredible is this unique group of friends that we have!  It always amazes me how it can literally be YEARS (and in this case, it was 10 and even 15 years for some!!) that we don't get to see some from this group, and it feels like not a day has gone by!  Truly a blessing of good friends!

It was nice to get home to our kids, but it was a great reminder that God definitely places people in our lives, and I am so thankful for the friends, near and far, that He has given us!  

Remember to appreciate and enjoy good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment